Welcome to this Grand National 2021 Free Tips And Predictions post from tipsterreviews.co.uk, its the biggest horse race in the world and notoriously the hardest race to find a winner in too.
This Saturday the Aintree Grand National runs after last year only having a virtual grand national to look forward to the excitement is palpable and I want to try and help you all get a winner this time around.
I am going to offer up 4 selections as there are currently 44 runners declared all of which will be each way as most bookmakers are offering 6 places or more.
There are a few things that you should consider when selecting a horse to win the Grand National.
How to pick a winner of the Grand National
Age, weight, and ability are all just a few things to consider, below is a list of things you need to think about when picking your selection.
- Age – Older horses have more experience and stamina than most young horses and that can pay dividends here.
- Weight – Six of the last ten winners of the Grand National carried 11 stone or less. Weight plays a big part as the Grand National is a handicap race, better horses carry more weight, which can level the playing field a little. Only Red Rum has managed to win the Grand National carrying a top weight of 12 stone.
- Ability – Your selection needs to be able to stay the marathon 4 miles 2 and a half furlong trip, and also must be a decent jumper, the size of the fences will find out the best of jumpers so having some ability will definitely help. Almost all previous Grand National winners had a victory in a Grade 1 race previously won a lot of prize money and won a race over 3 miles in distance.
- Jockey Booking – The Jockey is also an integral part of your selection a jockey in form especially over the jumps will give the horse the best chance of getting round unscathed.
- The Going (Ground) – Horses have preferences like humans and the ground plays a huge part in a lot of horses’ form, Heavy going favours the out and out stayers whereas firm ground hands the advantage to the speed horses.
The Grand National however does have a habit of throwing up the most likely winners, and there will always be an exception to the rule.
One other thing to consider is that even the best horses make mistakes, there can be issues in running (loose horses) and a myriad of random unforeseen things that can happen in this race.
Need A New Bookie Account First?
Take a look at the below bookies each of which have a special promotion running for the Grand National as well as other special promotions for the duration of Aintree.
Bookies are paying extra places this year so make sure you choose the right account to bet with.
My Grand National 2021 Free Tips Based On The Above Criteria
Using some or all of the criteria above here are my 4 picks for the Aintree Grand National 2021, make sure to back them each way and use a bookie offering extra places (many offering 6 places or more).
Ballyoptic 80/1 – A horse that has won a Grade 1 but carries a weight of 11 stone 1, is 11 years old and has bags of experience and has won races at 3 miles and over has Sam Twiston-Davies in the saddle and could surprise at massive odds. Ground wise more rain won’t hurt his chances if anything it will help them as some of his best form is over soft/heavy ground.
Double Shuffle 125/1 – This one is a lot more hopeful of a selection he carries 10 stone 2 and has not won a Grade 1 previously but does have form in them, has form and a win over 3 miles has a profitable jockey in J J Burke in the saddle, the weight could go in his favour and is one that could surprise a few.
Potters Corner 20/1 – Has won the Welsh Grand National over 3 miles 6 and carries a weight of 10 stone 6, with a jockey booking in the form of Jack Tudor it’s not possibly the best booking in the world but as I said the national throws up many surprises and this one is a shorter price for a reason.
Cloth Cap 9/2 – A worthy favourite though he doesn’t follow a few of the criteria above including a lack of a grade 1 win, he certainly has bags of potential and it will be interesting to see how he fares in this race. Scudamore in the saddle certainly can get him round and his weight of 10 stone 5 is certainly doable in this field.
Others to watch are Yala Enki with Bryony Frost, Racheal Blackmore on Minella Times, and most notably on Sub Lieutenant Tabitha Worsely on attempting to be the first female winner of the Grand National, could 2021 be the year?
Thanks for reading my Grand National 2021 Tips post please share it on social media and with friends and here’s hoping we can all celebrate a winner!
Why not try some of the most successful horse racing tipsters out some of them have incredible form in horse racing festivals like Cheltenham and of course Aintree.