welcome to my free Newcastle Vs Wolves Predictions, every week I post up free tips and football predictions for all the biggest football matches that week. So if you want free football tips for today on the Premiership and other leagues follow me now. Please ensure you enable notifications from Tipster Reviews in order to get updates on the newest match previews.
Newcastle Vs Wolves Predictions
I have to apologize firstly for the slating that I gave Wolves in my last match preview when they played Chelsea at home. I honestly did not foresee them beating Chelsea and in such a confident manner too.
Chelsea has since gone on to beat top of the table Man City today after beating them 2-0 and Wolves could have a good chance of taking some points from Newcastle this Sunday.
Newcastle had made a very poor start to the season but they have since only lost one match in 6 and are now sitting pretty in 15th position of the Premier League. That being said Newcastle’s home form leaves a lot to be desired as they have lost 6 from 8 home games this season and fans had planned to boycott their last home game with a walkout protest against their owner Mike Ashley.
Benitez thanked the fans saying “I have to say thank you to the fans because my message has been very clear all this time, This group of players deserve support because they work so hard until the last minute of every game so I think it’s fair to them.”
Arguably both teams form wise are very unpredictable with both getting good results against big sides but then being drubbed by sides they should really be beating.
I fancy a Wolves win here overall but again I see both teams getting on the scoresheet. Nuno has done an amazing job at Wolves and he is one hell of a manager and looks a force to be reckoned with in the Premiership this season.
Get on Wolves for the away win here.
Newcastle Vs Wolves Predictions – Opta Stats
- Newcastle have never lost against Wolves in the Premier League (W2 D4 L0), though this is their first meeting since February 2012.
- Wolves won on their last league visit to St. James’ Park against Newcastle, a 2-0 win in the Championship in September 2016. They haven’t won consecutive away league games there since October 1954.
- All six meetings between Newcastle and Wolves in the Premier League have seen both teams score – it’s the most played fixture in the competition not to see a clean sheet.
- Wolves haven’t scored more than once in any of their seven away league games this season (W2 D2 L3), netting five goals in total.
- Nine of Wolves’ Premier League 19 points this season (47%) have come in six games against last season’s top seven sides. In their nine games against other clubs, they have won just 10 points (1.11 per game).
- Newcastle has conceded more goals from set piece situations than any other team in the Premier League this season (10).
- Newcastle striker Salomon Rondon scored his team’s only goal in their 1-1 draw at Everton last time out, however, the Venezuelan hasn’t scored in consecutive Premier League games since September 2016 for West Brom.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Raul Jimenez has been directly involved in eight of his team’s 15 goals in the Premier League this season (four goals, four assists).
- Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez has not lost any of his 22 home Premier League matches against a newly promoted club, winning his first 10 in the competition before drawing six and winning six of his last 12 such games.
Newcastle Vs Wolves Predictions – Free Tips For Todays Match
A hard game to call as it depends if Wolves can transfer their recent very good home win against Chelsea to an on the road victory at Newcastle. The fact that Chelsea beat Man City today speaks volumes too.
Will Both teams to score? = Yes
Correct score prediction = 1-3 Wolves
Anytime goalscorers = Jimenez
Attention: Want instant notifications on desktop or mobile when I post my match previews and free football tips? Then hit the red bell (bottom right of page) and allow notifications from tipsterreviews.co.uk.
Feel free to post your thoughts in the comments.