Welcome to my free Cardiff Vs Wolves Predictions, every week I post up free tips and football predictions for all the biggest football matches that week. So if you want free football tips for today on the Premier League and other leagues follow me now. Please ensure you enable notifications from Tipster Reviews in order to get updates on the newest match previews.
Cardiff Vs Wolves Predictions
Cardiff takes on Wolves tonight in a game that could be billed as a must-win for either side. Wolves looked stunned last week when going down at home to Huddersfield 0-2 and its how they can deal with that which will affect their game tonight.
Cardiff had a good win over Brighton here last week winning 2-1 and will want to keep the points coming in here and they will be surely hoping for a minimum of a point tonight.
The last 4 out of 5 encounters between these two ex-championship sides has resulted in both teams scoring and the odds of evens or higher for that to happen tonight is mega value in my eyes. Nuno and Warnock may well clash heads again here as last season things spilt over on the touchline when Wolves got a much-needed win towards the season end much to Warnock’s disgust.
Neil Warnock actually called Nuno Espirito Santo a “disgrace” for his post-match celebrations after that match. A match which arguably made the difference between Cardiff winning the league and coming second.
The player to watch out for in this game has to be Morgan Gibbs-White he came off the bench against Tottenham and turned the game for me and though he often starts on the bench he may well get a start soon. He has said publicly he is ready to start for Wolves and tonight could be his chance so he may well be worth an anytime scorer bet here.
Overall I think this will go to Wolves but I do see Cardiff getting a goal and making a goal of it. Possibly Cardiff could score first forcing Wolves hand a bit which they seem to need.
The possible scoreline could be 1-3 to Wolves though it could just as easily end a 1-1 draw.
Cardiff Vs Wolves Predictions – Important Match Stats (from Opta)
- This is the first top-flight meeting between Cardiff City and Wolves since February 1962, a 3-2 win for Wolves at Ninian Park.
- None of the last eight league meetings between Cardiff and Wolves in Cardiff has ended as draws – both sides have won four games apiece in that time.
- Cardiff and Wolves met on Friday at the Cardiff City Stadium in the Championship last season – a 1-0 win for Wolves in April, with the Bluebirds missing two 90th minute penalties.
- Wolves have won all four of their league matches played on Friday under manager Nuno Espirito Santo – all four were in the Championship last season.
- After two consecutive 0-0 draws in August, Cardiff has neither drawn or kept a clean sheet in any of their last 10 Premier League games (W2 D0 L8).
- The away team has not won any of the last 20 Premier League meetings between two promoted sides (D7 L13), since Leicester won 1-0 at Burnley in April 2015.
- Cardiff has scored the first goal on a league-low one occasion in the Premier League this season, in a game they went on to lose anyway (1-4 vs Chelsea in September).
Cardiff Vs Wolves Predictions – Free Tips For Tonights Match
A must win for both sides here, Wolves need some points after a bad run of results whilst Cardiff will want to keep their winning form going beyond just 1 match.
Main selection = Wolves to win and both teams to score
Will Both teams to score? = Yes
Correct score prediction = 1-3 Wolves
Anytime goalscorers = Morgan Gibbs-White
Attention: Want instant notifications on desktop or mobile when I post my match previews and free football tips? Then hit the red bell (bottom right of page) and allow notifications from tipsterreviews.co.uk.
Feel free to post your thoughts in the comments.